Top 4 funny things Justice said when he was 3 years old.
1. Mom, now that I can open the car door, can I try driving the car next week?
2.”Wow, Justice you must be growing.” Mom said. “Yeah, Mom, I am growing really big, so I need a girl.” Justice replied matter of factly. “A girl?” I questioned. “Yes Mom,” with a big sigh in between, “because I am growing up to be a Dad.” with the implied duh, behind that statement. Dad said, “If you are going to be a Dad soon, you will have to move out of our house. Do you want to be a Dad soon?” “No, maybe not, I hope I stop growing.”
3. James and I had a good friend offer to watch our kids so we could go on a date. This will give you an idea of how often we go on a date.
So as we are headed out for the evening, we explain to the boys that Mom and Dad are going to take off for a little while and to please behave and listen to Mrs. Shaundra while we are away. Justice replies. “Does that make her my mommy now?”
4. Justice is a lot like his Daddy. Justice loves movies and the real clincher is that he quotes movies, just like his Dad. One day the boys were playing hot wheels, with the track connected so the cars could crash. The boys loved it and right after they would crash, Justice would yell, “We have another customer, let’s go.” I was in the kitchen at the time and after hearing it a couple of times, it occurred to me that I had heard that before. At dinner that night, Dad was shocked to hear what Justice incorporated into his play and informed me how he got that from the movie Tron. However, I did not even have to wait for Dad to get home to find out the answer as Justice could have told me himself, if I had only asked. Like father, like son.
Top 4 things Justice learned to do while he was 3 years old.
1. Colors within the lines and draw pictures.
2. He can spell and write his name
3. Use the bathroom facility all by himself.
4. Justice just recently has grasped the concept of rhyming and it goes a little like this.
“Mom, does cat and hat rhyme?” Yes!
“Mom, does hippo and nippo rhyme?” Yes, but that sounds funny. People might think you are saying a bad word. Try a different one.
“Does Captian America and Naptian America rhyme?” Yes, I guess so.
“Does Iron Man and Niron Man rhyme?” Yes, I guess so.
Top 4 things I LOVE about my new 4-year-old!
1. He listens so well. I love hardly ever having to repeat myself. He loves to make his parents happy and he understands that listening makes us very happy.
2. He is very sensitive. This part can be hard at times, as we have made great progress with the idea that you do not have to scream at the top of your lungs when something is wrong. On the other hand, why I love this part about my son, is he is aware of feelings, his own and others. We talk about them and in doing so it helps him to understand many situations. This sensitive spirit in him still loves to be snuggled, hugged and kissed and I hope this never changes.
3. He plays amazing well alone or with his brother. Their favorite thing to play is still superheros, which has become my favorite to watch. Each week, month and year the added creativity level they add to their play with theses toys makes watching them play so much fun and when they have out grown these toys I will look back with happy tears of wonderful memories of their endless superhero play.
4. He is not shy. He has loved swimming lessons and was even as brave to go down a big, local water slide all by himself with me to catch him at the bottom. He loves and participates in his church school. Starting this week he will try soccer for the first time. I love seeing him grow with a love to explore and watch his abilities slowly expand.
Justice weighs in at 40 lbs and is 3 ‘ 5″ tall.
He wants to be a digger when he grows up!
Dear little Justice, I really wish I could freeze you just the way you are right now. You bring so much joy to our life. We love you so much and secretly I think I don’ t want you to get bigger. Could this mean it is time for another little one to enter this family? Well, if I could pick between the two options I would still pick to freeze life right where it is right now. However, with you boys growing up way to fast maybe it is something to consider.
Important side note: this is not an announcement of any sort. Just my thought process.
Happy Birthday son, we love you more than you will ever know.
Mom and Dad